The New York Times just ran a nice article about music and the brain. In it neuroscientists Robert Zatorre and Valorie Salimpoor touch on some interesting ideas about music and the auditory cortex. I wanted to share it with you and hear your thoughts. So, if you get a few minutes to read it let me know what music makes your brain sing?
- Follow Alex Doman on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages
- Which brain areas are involved in music listening?
- A Moment of Silence
- About Alex Doman
- Music for the Mind- The Art & Music of Ostad Elahi
- Why bone conduction headphones?
- Do Drum Rhythms Affect Brain Rhythms?
- Sleep and Obesity
- Music, the Brain and Therapeutic Results
- Autism Awareness Month-Best Possible Life
- Healing at the Speed of Sound
TagsAdvanced Brain Technologies Alex Doman auditory auditory processing autism autism spectrum disorders bone conduction book brain brainbuilder brain fitness Don Campbell Healing at the Speed of Sound hearing listening music music listening therapy music therapy neuroscience noise sensory processing disorder sleep sound The Listening Program the mozart effect